You are the Regional Manager of Hospitality for a large corporate hotel chain. You have been asked to provide a report to the Board of Directors on a topic of interest in order to inform the strategic vision of the company. and my topic is “What are customers’ perceptions about artificial intelligence in hospitality and tourism? What are customers’ perceptions about artificial intelligence in hospitality and tourism? ”
It’s a group project and I am responsible for the introduction and conclusion only. therefore, 2 phases will have happened for this project.
Phase 1 – Introduction (for 1 page)
• The introduction is engaging and draws in the reader.
• The introduction provides an adequate description of the following:
o Research topic (topic statement)
o Purpose statement
o Background information
o Research methods – secondary search
o Scope of work and limitations
o Review of Findings
• The introduction gives enough background of the topic for the reader to anticipate the direction of the rest of the report.
Phase 2 – Conclusion (for 1 page)
• The conclusion reinforces the importance of the topic, summarizes the research findings and includes meaningful and professional recommendations drawn from the analysis.
• No new information is presented.
Re. the conclusion, once I received the research and analysis from the team and I will share it for conclusion writing.
Academic Integrity: Sources
• Used at least three credible and relevant sources that weren’t covered in class.
Note: Credible sources are considered to be current, academic or industry-related sources published by people working in hospitality or similar fields. Wikipedia is not considered a credible source in general, and for this assignment should not be cited.
Academic Integrity: Citations and References
• All sources are credited.
• Paraphrases and direct quotations are incorporated appropriately.
• In-text citations and References page entries are complete and accurate and follow APA style (https://libguides.sait.ca/apa).
• Each in-text citation has a corresponding entry in the References page.
• References page is in the correct order.
Writing Style and Tone
• Writing style is precise and concise.
• Parallel structure is used appropriately.
• Terminology is consistent.
• Language is objective.
• Tone and style are professional and consistent.
• The report demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the intended audience.
• Text is aligned and spaced appropriately.
• 1st and 2nd level headings are applied correctly.
• Font is consistent and professional.
• Pagination is correct.
Graphics, Visuals and Lists
• Graphics, visuals and lists are relevant and appropriate to communicate the intended message.
• All graphics, visuals and lists labelled, numbered and credited correctly.
• Graphics and visuals include the following components:
o Introductory content
o Figure or table number
o Descriptive title in title case
o Professional design quality
o In-text citation when required
o Adequate white space
• Lists include the following components:
o Introductory sentence
o Professional bullets
o Parallel structure
Grammar and Punctuation
• Sentences are complete and varied.
• Sentences are well structured.
• Standard grammar, punctuation and formatting conventions are followed.