Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
• Find TEN historical newspaper articles.
o These articles should discuss ten distinct events from California history (covered
in our course).
§ You can only use one article per topic.
• Each article must be from a different decade PRIOR to 2000.
• These newspaper articles must be primary sources.
o This means that they must have been written within one year of the time that the events they concern took place.
§ For instance, if I chose the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 as a topic, the newspaper article I use must not have been written later than 1883.
• Finding these articles is easy.
o Use the historical newspaper databases listed in your LIBRARY GUIDE.
§ Click on the Research Paper Guide tab of the guide.
• Select a database and use the search box to search a topic.
o Examples of events or topics might include: § Great San Francisco Earthquake
§ Early Hollywood
§ Japanese internment
§ Zoot-Suit Riots
§ Haight-Ashbury (early hippie movement) § Founding of Disneyland
PRESENTATION • Start with an introductory paragraph: talk about what will follow in your paper.
• Next, present your first historical newspaper article (with the source and date).
o Do not provide a hyperlink or cite the newspaper article as a footnote.
§ Just state something like this in your text: “According to an article in the
San Francisco Chronicle, May 11, 1892 … ”
• Then argue how and why that article might be written differently today.
• Follow the same pattern with each additional newspaper article.
o The idea is to get a sense of how our interpretation of events can change over time and why this might be so