Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Topic: Is social networking helpful or harmful? Why? (You cannot write about eye problems, physical health problems, doing crazy things because of social media, suicide, depression, or bullying.)
You will write TWO paragraphs on this topic. Both paragraphs will either be about it being helpful or harmful. You can use ideas from class discussions and from your own life.
The first draft of paragraph #1 will be due on Tuesday, May 3. This will be for peer review and discussion. The first draft of paragraph #2 will be due on Thursday, May 5 for peer review. The final draft of both paragraphs will be due to me on Canvas by Monday, May 9. (There is no second due date. All papers must be turned in by Sunday evening.)
Each paragraph needs to follow these guidelines:
1. Begin with a topic sentence that has a clear controlling idea. The topic sentence needs to respond to the prompt.
2. End with a concluding sentence that rephrases the topic sentence.
3. Include both general and specific support to explain the topic sentence.
4. Use at least two of the vocabulary words from vocabulary log #1 and/or vocabulary list #2. Put the word in italics.
5. Include at least one adjective clause and two adverb clauses. Highlight the clauses.
6. Be typed and double-spaced. Indent five spaces at the beginning.
7. Be at least 200 words. Include word count.
***Include a transition word or phrase between the two paragraphs to clearly connect them.
*** You must use a paraphrase from one of the readings, Social Networking Makes Twits of Us All (2010) or Social Networking Benefits Validated (2009) in at least one of the paragraphs. Underline the paraphrase. The paraphrase must include the last name of the author and the year the article was published. Also, include a sentence to explain the paraphrase. At the end of the writing assignment, write down the exact sentence that you paraphrased. See the examples that I gave you.
Vocabulary log #2:
These are words from Chapter 4. (pages 75-77)
1. contemporaries (n) (line 23)
2. disaffected (adj) (line 54)
3. expertise (n) (line 5)
4. frustrated (adj) (line 10)
5. obsession (n) (line 15)
6. sentiment (n) (line 27)
7. slighted (adj) (line 24)
8. stimulation (n) (line 69)
9. notion (n) (line 48)
10. focus (n) (line 12)