Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
Answer questions from pdf file and listed below
Name of the program and general admission requirements if you intend to apply for a
graduate program or job ad if you intend to apply for a job
C) Your career statement, tailored to the above program or position. Make sure to write in
full sentences. The career statement should address the following:
1. What is your desired career?
2. How did you become interested in this career?
3. What steps did you take to prepare for this career?
4. What relevant experiences qualify you for this program/position? Give specific
5. What relevant field-specific (psychology) content and/or skills and strengths will
assist you in this program/position? Give specific examples.
6. What additional experiences/skills do you plan to gain before applying for the
program/position? How will you do this?
7. Why is this program/company/institution a good match for your interests and
8. What are your short-term goals within this program/position?
9. What are your long-term goals within this career?
Your career statement will be graded on completion only (whether you fully completed and
submitted the statement). The assessment committee will score it using the rubric on the next
page for our own purposes.