Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
Write a short discussion that details to what extent you practice habits that create success.
In his national bestseller, “The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People,” author Steven R. Covey outlines seven practices that he believes are key to both personal and professional success.
According to Covey, the seven habits of highly successful people are:
1) They take initiative. (“Be Proactive”)
2) They focus on goals. (“Begin with the End in Mind”)
3) They set priorities. (“Put First Things First”)
4) They only win when others win. (“Think Win/Win”)
5) They communicate. (“Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood”)
6) They cooperate. (“Synergize”)
7) They reflect on and repair their deficiencies. (“Sharpen the Saw”)
Question: To what degree to do you engage in these practices?
· For each of Covey’s principles, describe how well (or how poorly, perhaps) you are practicing these habits.
Provide specific example of each habit as they apply to you (For example, with regard to Habit # 1- “If I am having a problem in class, I approach my professor and ask for clarification.”)
If you are not practicing these habits, think about and explain what might be keeping you from engaging in these behaviors.