Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
There is no know safe amount of alcohol use during pregnancy or while trying to get pregnant. There is also no safe time during pregnancy to drink. All types of alcohol are equally harmful, including all wines, beer, and spirits. When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her baby.
Write an essay about fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD). Be sure to address the following in your essay:
1. The myths and truths about alcohol use prior to and during pregnancy
2. The physical effects of alcohol on a developing fetus at different stages of pregnancy
3. The process of diagnosing fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
4. The symptoms and functional impairments
5. The protective factors and treatment