Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
Students will submit a 7-12-page analysis of a current state or federal social welfare
policy. The social welfare policy should be approved by the instructor prior to Week 7.
The analysis should include the following:
Part 1: Introduction to the policy and social problem
▪ What is the policy (not summary)?
▪ What is the social problem?
▪ The purpose of the paper – introduce what you are going to do in
Part 2: Identification and summary of the social problem
▪ What is the problem the policy needs to addressed?
▪ What has been done historically prior to the policy you are
Part 3: Identification and summary of the policy that addresses the social
▪ Brief summary of the policy.
▪ How funded?
▪ Who supported it?
Part 4: Analysis of the policy goals, objectives, outcomes, resources, targeted
▪ What are the intended goals of the policy?
▪ Is the policy meeting its intended goals?
▪ What are the unintended consequences of the policy?
▪ Who is the targeted group?
▪ How are marginalized groups affected by the policy?
Part 5: Social work values which fit the policy (self-determination, social justice,
▪ Using the six values in the Code of Ethics, how does this policy
align with social work values?
▪ What are the ethical issues to consider with this policy?
Part 6: Conclusion
▪ In your opinion, is the policy working?
▪ What policy alternatives might work better?
▪ High points of the paper revisited
(YOU WOULD HAVE TO PICK A POLICY) (PREFERABLY SOMETHING WITH LOTS OF INFORMATION)