Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
Core Competencies to Improve Healthcare
Review the discussion of the “Core Competencies for a New Vision for Health Professions Education” in your readings in (Rubenfeld & Scheffer, 2015, Box 4-1 I have attached this). Review these core competencies and complete evidence of mastery that includes:
– A discussion of how these core competencies relate to your particular area of nursing practice (Emergency Room)
– Specific example(s) that describe how your workplace exemplifies ( – all this it is from my person experience – Work in interdisciplinary teams – The ER is the place were all teams come together. Doctors and nurses work side by side the entire shift and other teams come to the er when neede to work together for example is someone is having a stroke the neuro doc and nurse and pharmacy will come to the ER to treat Patient quickly while working with er doctors and nurses). one of the competencies (and specific example(s) of how your workplace can improve meeting another competency (this is from me as well – Utilize informatics – the er is more fast paced than other areas and while we are supposed to scan medications before we give them, we do not which can lead to errors that would not have happened if we had used provided technology)
– A chart that visually discusses/shows how you apply the five core competencies in your particular area of nursing practice ( Emergency Room) that relate to critical thought and reflective cognitive processes. Be creative! You may add clipart, photos, multi-media files you have permission to use.
Reading and Resources
– Read Chapters 4 In Rubenfeld, M. G., & Scheffer, B.K. (2015). Critical thinking TACTICS for nurses: Achieving the IOM competencies (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
– Read Robert, T., & Peterson, S. (2013). Critical thinking at the bedside: Providing safe passage to patients. MedSurg Nursing, (22),2, 85-91.
– Read Lasater, K, & Nielsen, A. (2009). Reflective journaling for clinical judgment development and evaluation. Journal of Nursing Education, 48(1). 40-44.
– Fully details how
competencies for a
New Vision of
Health relate to
your particular area
of nursing practice (Emergency Room)
– Fully details, with
– Includes a chart that
fully details how
uses the core
thought and the
– Includes Introduction and conclusion.
– No errors in APA,
– Provides two or