Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Submit your assignment instructions
CAI Personal Case Assignment Guide
Think carefully about how you describe a significant digital, data, or analytics opportunity and answer the
following questions in your personal case:
• What is the nature of this opportunity?
• How does it create value for your business and for your customers or your suppliers?
• How will technological change enhance or diminish this opportunity?
• Is this unusual in your industry or do many firms face similar challenges?
• What are the potential solutions?
• Which resources and skills do you require to implement a solution?
CAI Student Case Examples
• Houston, We Have a Problem
• Through rapid growth, issues sometimes go unnoticed. Can new ideas or technologies help prevent this from happening in other
locations. This case study focuses on company growth and un-checked marketing spend in one location.
• A Digital Network Solution for What We Eat
• Imagine you could break out of the constraints of mass-produced packaged foods, and instead nourish yourself and your family
the way you know is best, as part of a community of trusted farmers, chefs, scientists, athletes, and physicians [using a digital
• Zairmail – The Fastest & Easiest Way to Send Mail
• Zairmail is the fastest and easiest way to send direct (postal) mail. Should Zairmail focus on its existing core, expand to related
segments, or do something entirely different?
• Intelligrated: The Rise of Warehouse Automation
• Warehouse automation has allowed e-commerce businesses all over the world to meet ever increasing delivery demands.
Intelligrated emerged as a leader in material handling in the US within a period of 10 years and earned large projects to build
distribution centers for Amazon, Walmart, UPS, Adidas, and many other brands.
• Harley-Davidson: Riding Away with Customers?
• How does Harley-Davidson compete in the age of online shopping when their dealerships create the culture that made them
Full Assignment Details
• Write a 1000–1500 word personal case study about your own organization or a passion project.
• You may include relevant data and infographics
• Feedback on your personal case will come in the form of the “crowd”. After the submission deadline, you
are required to read and comment on at least three of your peers’ personal cases.
• If you would like specific feedback ahead of the submission deadline, be in contact with the course
teaching fellows via slack.
• All cases submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the course teaching team, and four diverse
cases will be selected for presentation during the week 7 live session.
• Please note that we will reach out those students chosen (4) directly the weekend before week 7 live
session to ask you if you are willing to present.